Tips and ideas
Here are a few creative, pleasant and funny ways to boost your progress in learning Italian language:
- Having fun with the language is key, different people have different learning styles, and if you find things you enjoy, you will do them.
- Be regular and persistent! Knowing you have a regular appointment will motivate you to study more between sessions.
- Keep it varied! Go at it from different sides, books, musics, movies, advertisement, magazines…. Feel free to ask me for any site you need, or idea how to find what you are searching for.
- Listen Italian news or Italian radio (my favorite is R101 with many talkshows and good music)
- Watch italian movies (Netflix is great option, here you will find some titles: Italian with movies)
- Eat in Italian restaurants, if possible the ones having menu in Italian or Italian waiters. Don’t be shy, order your meal in Italian, they will love it and you might get an espresso free!
- Cook Italian dishes, search recipes online or in my section Did you know? and learn new words
- Do your shopping list in Italian!
- Find Italian gathering in your town, visit Italian festivals and go and meet different people, check regularly Italian happenings in Cyprus in my section Did you know? and learn new words
- Go to opera, concerts! On my site you will always find latest happenings in Cyprus, visit section Did you know? and meet us all!
- Become familiar with Italian wines and food products, read labels
- Talk Italian to your pets! They wont complain
- Don’t be a language loner, language is a tool of communication, so enroll in an Italian class!
- Stay positive and don’t give up! Practice regularly, language acquisition is cumulative.
And the master tip:
- Fall in love and travel to Italy!